May 3, 2010

I'm baaaaack!

So, here's the sitch: I don't eat right. I don't exercise. I want to lose weight. Hmmmm... I guess something's gotta change. For a while there, the thing I changed was the desire to lose weight. I didn't want to eat right, or exercise for that matter, so I made myself okay to the weight gain and softness that became my body. Well, I'm getting kind of tired of it. It's getting to be swim suit season (gasp) and this is the first summer that I am honestly dreading, DREADING, getting into a bathing suit. It gives me anxiety to think about it. I'm able to hide the majority of my bulk in clothing. But my naked thighs are not ready to see the light of day. nugh ugh. So something has to change. I can tell you right now that it will take an act of God to change my eating habits (I just love it too much. Don't take that away from me, please?), so I guess I'm actually going to have to start exercising.



Here's a short trip into my exercising past. Age 3 started dance. Age 12 started cheerleading. Cheered through high school but stopped after that. Danced through college as a major (that I never completed) and continued through after I got married. Even threw in a little Krav Maga after marriage just to even things out. So yes, I was pretty active. Fast forward 3 years in, to when I got pregnant. Sedentary, sedentary, sedentary. Then because I was so sick during the pregnancy, I ended up weighing about 15 pounds LESS and was 2 sizes SMALLER, after I had David. Stopped exercising all together. There was a brief stint for about a month after we moved to St. George that I would go "running" (i.e. walking) with my sister and mother in law. Then it got cold. So we stopped. Then I had Trevor. At about 6 weeks post partum, I was still feeling kinda fat. So for 2 weeks I did pilates. Lost about 8 pounds, was satisfied, and stopped. So there you have it. For the last three years, I have walked for a month, and done 2 weeks of pilates. That's it. So I'm officially the most sedentary person on this planet.



Here's my new goal: actually work out. I don't even care if I lose weight, get smaller, tone up, etc. I mean, I do. But what I really want is to just be in shape. Not necessarily visibly. But internally. And if I lose weight while I'm at it, then that's an added bonus!



And since we all love the wonderful art of shadenfreude, I'll be posting pictures of myself as well for your viewing / mocking / adoring / critiquing / please be nice pleasure. Here's me currently:









Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to get a good angle. I'll keep working on it for next week's round.


My stats? This morning I weighed exactly 130 pounds.

My measurements are: 36", 28", 36 1/2"

Let's see what the future holds.
*post edit* okay, I don't want to seem like I'm complaining about my appearance so here's my disclaimer. I don't necessarily want to lose size, I more want to tone. Like I said, I can cover most things up with clothes, it's the loose skin, rolls, and cellulite that are bugging me. You can't really see them with clothes on, but once I put on a bathing suit, it'll be out there for the world to see. Ack!! Also, I should say, I have met my goal as far as weight and measurements. When I started this blog I was at about 145 I think (I don't remember, it's in the first post). So, I'm happy with my weight. I just want to tone and get in shape. That being said, thank you so much Shannon and Ashley for your kind comments. You both made my day. Ashley, you look amazing! And your blog is what inspired me. And Shannon you had a baby after me and look so great!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Bah! You're so skinny! Im glad that you pointed out that you want to get into shape, and not necessairly lose weight, cause you honestly dont look like you need to! 130 was my lowest when I was deathly ill and throwing up 8 time a day for a month strait!

That being said, I know you can do it! You seem highly motivated and thats really what you need.Food is my weakness too...I just love it too much to give it up! I definitely need a gym membership :)

Ashley C said...

Umm... I'm trying not to judge, but what??? You are really thin!! I'm pretty sure you have zero pounds to lose, but I understand wanting to get fit and healthy. Good luck working out! You already look really great, so you are sure to be one super hot mama after getting active again.

Ashley C said...

I totally know what you're saying. Being in a swimsuit is pretty terrifying, and I'm sure every girl (especially us moms!) would love to firm up and get some muscle definition. I'm excited to see your progress! I believe in you!

Nicole said...

Yes. Agreed. You look amazing already--always have, and I'm sure always will! :) I love that you are motivated to get toned though--that is where I am at too, so I, of course, will follow along with you and *try* to make good habits with you. Mostly for the fear that my obsession for food will get the better of me and I WILL gain a ton of weight without realizing it. Here's to being healthy!