May 8, 2010

Long Run

Today was my first long run. I ran 6 miles - whew! I had some anxiety going into it but told myself even if I couldn't fully run the whole thing I would at least GO the full 6 miles. I finished it, and only had to walk 3 times for about 3 minutes each. All the rest I alternated running and slow jogging. My time wasn't great, 75.41 minutes, which averages about 12.57 (or 13 minutes) a mile. Like I said, not great, but not bad either. All in all I was very pleased. It was fun to watch people come in and run next to me and then tire out and leave while I was still going. It let me see how far I've come because just a week ago, I would've been leaving right along with them.

Well, I'm off to stretch. I'm a little sore! :)

2 comments:

Ashley C said...

HOLY CRAP! You ran 6 miles?! That's awesome. I think the most I have ever run is 3 miles, and that was after a couple months of building up to it. Ha ha. I'm a wuss. Keep it up!

Nicole said...

So, so, soooo cool! Your determination is so inspiring! You are doing so awesome!!