May 11, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

First things first. I ran another 3 miles today. It was good and bad. I'll start with the bad so we can end on a high note. :) The bad thing is the asthma's getting worse. I know I've had some inflammation and I think trying to run through it without my inhaler has just made it worse. It is now really painful to run and I can't run for as long as I would like without stopping. It's unfortunate, but I'm making an appointment to get an inhaler so it's fixable. Definitely not the end of the world. But the good news: even with the asthma attacks and having to speed walk twice during my run today, my time is STILL getting better! Today I did my 3 miles in 34.4 minutes. Which puts me at about 11.46 minutes per mile. Still not great, but I need to stop comparing myself to other people. I know that most people run a lot faster than that. But I don't. And I'm becoming okay with that. I'm not a runner. Nor am I athletic my any means. So just doing makes me feel pleased with myself. Even if 11 minutes is the fastest I ever run a mile, I will be fine with that. Just knowing that I've run it makes me smile.


Now on to the exciting things that really make me smile! These are my new finds that I absolutely love and make all the working out and getting into shape a little more exciting.



Thing number one:




This is my new favorite salad dressing. I find I have a hard time with vinaigrettes. They never taste the way I think they should - slightly sweet, slightly bitter. They usually lean too far in one direction or the other, and I want a balance. This one gives me just that. It is awesome! No fat, no hydrogenated oils (they will seriously kill you by the way) and no high fructose corn syrup. In fact, no preservatives at all. And the antioxidants from the blueberries and pomegranates are an added bonus. I like it best over spinach with toasted walnuts. Amazing.



Thing number two:
I just got this in the mail yesterday so today was the first day I used it. Fantastic. I have to have something to listen to when I run. Especially on a treadmill. It's just really boring. And this keeps it right there with me so I don't have to try to keep it in the waistband of my pants. I savor the small things.



Thing number three:



This is the greatest shaving cream ever. I've never used anything like it. It's like a spa in your shower. It doesn't foam or lather, it just goes on as a light film, but it has exfoliating beads that massage your tired legs as you apply it. It feels so good after a long run. It contains verbena, olive oil, and white tea to moisturize your legs. And the white tea adds anitoxidants. Again, added bonus. And the scent is heavenly. I now look forward to shaving my legs (quite a feat, if you know me at all).

What are your favorite things?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

First off--you are right that you should not compare yourself to others. But also. Hello. You have been running for what, four days now?? An 11 minute mile is okay. It will get faster. You are training, remember, and that means you will shave time off as time goes by and you keep working at it. Don't be so hard on yourself! You are doing fantastic!!!

Second. Not fair putting on amazing new products that I can't try. :( The vinaigrette sounds delish. And I love the green ipod strap (or whatever the technical name is for it). :) I can just imagine how cute you look with it strapped to your arm as you run. :)

Keep up the great work. You are doing awesome!

PS so good to talk to you yesterday!!

PSS wheres that cowboy video I'm dying to see????

Mom said...

Speed sound good, go for distance now and don't worry about getting faster. I'm impressed!

Mom said...

I am not impressed however that I left the s off sounds : (