May 24, 2010

pictures and stats week 4...plus my favorite things!

I haven't fallen off the wagon, I promise. I've been exercising but haven't really felt like blogging. In a nutshell, I've been running 3 miles consistently (with rest days on Monday and Friday) and Saturdays are scheduled for a long run. This past Saturday I decided I was going to finally run outside rather than on a treadmill (I've been getting so sick of it). I've never run outside before so I didn't know what to expect. Here's my take on it - running outside is a lot harder physically, but infinitely easier mentally. Turns out that the whole mental thing is a big deal for me. I had a 6 mile run scheduled - I was going to run from my house, around the northern border of Heber, to our local produce co-op where Sam would come to pick me and our food up and we'd drive home. I got ready and went outside only to realize - it was snowing! I didn't want to run in the snow, but I REALLY didn't want to run on the treadmill, so I decided to stay outdoors.

The first mile was rough. I had gotten up to a decent speed on the treadmill, and was trying to keep that pace outside. I would get about a quarter of a mile and then I'd have to walk. It was pretty depressing, and I almost turned around to go back home and do it on the treadmill, but then I decided instead of running I would just jog for a little bit just to warm up. I ended up jogging the whole thing. After that first mile I never walked again, I ran a full 5 miles without stopping - a first for me! It was amazing. And so beautiful. My run took me around the east border of Heber, to the north border, and back around through to the Heber Creeper train station (my favorite part of the run). It was so fun.

I got to the co-op station at 10:20, and the co-op didn't open until 11. I thought I'd be cutting it close, figuring it would take me at least an hour and a half to run 6 miles. Nope. It took me a little less than an hour, which means I ran a consistent 10 minute mile! Woot woo! Anyway, I didn't want to hang out for 40 minutes, so I just figured I'd complete the run and head home. It added on another mile.


Workout summary: I traveled 7 miles - the first mile I walked / ran, and then ran the last 6 WITHOUT STOPPING! That is double the length of my last longest run. I was so excited. The whole thing took me about an hour and 15 minutes.



Stats for week 4:









This is me after my 7 miler, so I look gross. Sorry.

bust: 35 1/2
stomach: 27 1/2
hips: 37"
thighs: 21"
weight: 129


So I'm slowly losing everywhere, I guess. But gaining in the hips. Which has always been my problem area. So that's kind of depressing. Oh well.



My Favorite Things round 2:



Sobe lifewater. How do I love thee. I also like vitamin water, but to me Sobe is way better. I live off these things. Favorite flavors? Mango Melon, Fuji Apple Pear, Yumberry Pomegranite, and Cherimoya Punch. So good, and good for you. They're packed with vitamins and electrolytes, no calories, and naturally sweetened with PureVia, a sweetener from the stevia plant. Pretty much the same thing as Stevia or Truvia. Yum.







Tiger's Milk power bars. I can't really run after I've eaten breakfast, but I also can't run on an empty stomach. Enter Tiger's Milk power bars. They're full of protein and taste like a candy bar. What more could you ask for. My favorite flavor? Peanut butter and honey.






Jergens Healthy Glow Daily moisturizer. No, it's not getting me any healthier, but I feel better when I look better. And I look better when I'm tan. Skin cancer runs in my family (pretty badly, too) so I don't really want to lay out to get my color, but I'm also sick of being so pasty white. This stuff is awesome. It doesn't turn you orange, which is nice. It's a gradual daily lotion so you don't get all streaky like when you use a true self tanner. It just gives you a nice healthy looking tan in a week's time. Although I was visibly tanner after just 2 days. But at about 5 days I looked like I'd been on a cruise or something (for me). They also have a face moisturizer to the same effect, but it includes spf 20, which I love. I use them both and love them.





What do you usually eat before you work out? Or drink during your workout? Or listen to while you run? I'm always on the lookout for new things to be my "favorite".

3 comments:

Ashley C said...

First of all, you look AWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME!!

Second of all, I use that same Jergens lotion and I love it too. It's the most natural looking self-tanner I've found.

Unknown said...

Clinique has a really badass tanner/moisturizer. I only know this because my mom uses Clinique makeup and gives me the free samples that they give her.

Also, my favorite music to listen to while working out is Better Than Ezra. Amazing band that makes me relive my college days. Love them.

Mom said...

Lookin' good babee!!! No one would ever believe you're the mother of two!!!!!