May 12, 2011

New Year, New Race, New Blog Post

I haven't written anything on either of my blogs for a very long time. Truth be told, I'm just not interested. Don't get me wrong, I like reading other people's blogs, but writing my own is simply not interesting to me. At all. In fact, I kind of abhor it.

I did however have a conversation the other day with my girlfriend that lives overseas and she brought up some very good points about the blog being a great way to keep others apprised of your goings on that they wouldn't otherwise be privy to. And she's right. I vowed I would muster up some form of motivation to post something. While the family blog is still sitting, lonely and abandoned, this one is receiving a little love and attention (although I think the family blog might get some attention again soon).

The thing I love about this blog is that it is a great tracker. I like going back and reading my entries about my training last year so I can see how I've grown and what I was and wasn't capable of. Now that I've reached a point in my training that is frustrating and disappointing, I figured I would start documenting again so when I'm still frustrated in a few weeks I can look on here and see how far I've (hopefully) come.

So here it goes: running season number two - who's with me?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I think it is great to use this blog as a motivator. It really is nice to be able to document and track progress. You really have accomplished a lot and I know you will continue to. Good luck, my friend! And I'm excited for the updates!